Cengage Learning Distribution Center
10650 Toebben Dr, Location 2
Independence, KY 41051
Return Shipping Requirements:
• Return cartons may never exceed 50 pounds and should be constructed of 275lbs (PSI burstingstrength), single-wall corrugated.
Size may not exceed the following dimensions: Length 21” x Width 12” x Height 9 ¼”
• All books are to be placed in cartons flat packed, back to back. All voids are to be filled with packing material with the
amount of filler not to exceed ½ inch.
• When utilizing pallets, each pallet used must be in a condition suitable for shipment when loaded, measuring 48”x40”.Unacceptable
pallets would be those which have obvious splits, cracks or broken boards.The layer pattern used should alternate to ‘lock’ the
previous layer in place for load stability and must be consistent for the entire pallet load. The height of a completed pallet
load may not exceed 54”, including pallet and cartons must not overhang any edges of the pallet.
• Each carton in a multiple carton shipment is to be plainly marked as carton number “X of X”. For example, carton number six in a
shipment of ten would be marked as “6 of 10”.
• When a Return delivery exceeds 10 pallets or more, a notification of shipment is to be sent to #CLDCReturns@Cengage.com
indicating the customer making the return, the number of pallets per location, the total number of pallets being delivered and the
anticipated delivery date.
• Non-conforming shipments may be subject to chargeback fees of $25 per violation. Excessive issues may require refusal of shipment
subject to a processing fee of $100 and associated return shipping charges. Please contact #CLDCReceiving@Cengage.com
with any questions.
The return policy for online orders is the same as the general Cengage return policy, and includes the following guidelines:
• With exception of exclusions noted below, our returns policy permits returns up to 12 months from the date of the original invoice.
• Returns are permitted for products bought directly from Cengage USA. Product purchased from overseas and returned to
the Cengage Distribution Center will be refused back to the sender and no credit will be issued. Please note - counterfeit
product is ineligible for return credit. Product returned to Cengage and found to be counterfeit will be destroyed.
• Defective product returns require prior authorization from Cengage and must follow the returns instructions given.
• For damaged product, please notify Cengage within 30 days of receipt to receive authorization. You will have 30 days from
the date of your return authorization letter to make any returns.
• Returns must be shipped prepaid via a traceable means and be accompanied by one packing list per carton indicating quantity
and titles returned.
• Returns must reference the original invoice numbers for titles included. If a college store wishes to return materials but
does not have a copy of the original invoice, please utilize the website to print a copy for your return.
• Returns must be in saleable condition. All digital products must be returned to Cengage Learning with the original envelope
seal or package seal unbroken and intact.
• Custom-published titles carry a returns limit of 20% of the quantity ordered and must be returned within 12 months of the
invoice date. All bundles must be in their original unbroken shrink-wrap.
• Returns of superseded titles must be received within 120 days of publication of the new edition. The Last Date to Return the
superseded titles can be found on the New Editions page. This page is updated weekly.
• Returns of Out of Print titles must be received within 120 days of notification. The Last Date to Return the Out of Print titles
can be found on the page. This page is updated every month.
• Product outside of our return policy will be shipped at the applicable carrier cost and charged back to the customer based upon
weight and destination of the refused product.
• Course cancellation returns must include the full quantity originally ordered. All paperwork for course cancellation returns must
be clearly marked "course cancellation". This policy excludes Custom products, which carry a 20% returnable one year from date of
original invoice policy.
• Original Invoice Date: October,November &December
Time Frame to Return: October 1st March 31st
• Original Invoice Date: January, February, March of current year
Time Frame to Return: January 1st April 31st of current year
• Original Invoice Date:April, May, June, July, August, September of current year
Time Frame to Return: April 1st October 31st of current year
• Cengage will match invoices for returns back to the individual account (the "ship to" account) based on its historical purchases.
If that amount exceeds the individual account's purchases we will match the invoice back against the total historical invoices within
the customer's family of accounts (based on "bill to" account, including any other ship to accounts associated with it). Returns that
cannot be matched against invoices within the family of accounts will not receive credit.